I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

He Leads Me


Day 81

I had the fun and joy of giving a Cub Scout tour in the library today. Sometimes they’re just regular tours. This is that. Over here is such and such. But once in a while a group is required to learn or do something to help pass of one of their activity things. This particular group wanted to learn about the proper way to treat books. I had a lot more fun preparing for that than I would have thought. Including some nostalgic moments of watching a Reading Rainbow video from my childhood. Reading Rainbow means so much more to me now as I reflect on my life. When I watched the show, I was into reading so far as it was my mom and sister reading to me. I enjoyed it and I loved going to the library. But I did not know that a few years later I would indeed become an avid reader on my own, going on to receive an undergraduate degree in English and becoming an official librarian after receiving my MLIS. As the years have gone on, I have become more and more of an advocate of reading—at all ages.

So, not only did I enjoy the preparation for the tour and the tour itself, but also enjoyed reflecting on the role reading (and libraries) has played in my life.

I am every day grateful for the path the Lord led me along in which I came to love reading, have friends and family who love reading, and have had the chance to work in many libraries.

No comments: