I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rest to My Soul through Song

Day 65

Today was a difficult day, emotionally. Very hard--hardest I've had in a while actually. Because emotions were insistent and pressing. But I still dealt in small pieces. And found the greatest comfort in music. Various lines in the hymns we sang reached out to me to touch my heart and bring peace to my soul.

"From him I'll gain my fondest dream."
"While I strive through grief and pain, His voice is heard 'Ye shall obtain.'"
"Bid thine heart all strife to cease."
"I have loved thee as a friend, with a love that cannot end."

And then I had time before the fireside to sit at a piano.

And play. And sing.

It is so rare for me to have that now. And I needed it. I needed the time to praise my Savior and my Father in song and with my own voice--not hindered by any restraints. It was a wondrous thing to sing to and for Them, and yet still receive comfort for me.

How grateful I am for music, for the Lord's gift of music to me (such as it is), and especially for the Lord helping me gain and receive so much through music--particularly today.

(And my favorite chocolate cake is baking--always a boon that!)

No comments: