I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Talents Abound


Day 75

I went to a Stake art show this evening. I don’t think I will ever get over just how talented so many people are in so many ways. At one time in my life, it would have daunted me and maybe even had its moments of making me feel less of a person because I could never offer such amazing results.

But one thing I have learned in the last couple of years is not to compare, and to be happy with who I am. I have also learned that even if I can’t draw or photograph or write or crochet or whatever as well as what I see, I know that of what I try and do, I am trying and doing my best. And I like comparing myself with myself and seeing my growth. I don’t think I’ll ever be of the caliber to display for others. But I can be grateful of the flecks of talent that I see improving of a pace, and be happy to have something to occupy myself and bring me happiness. I am also reminded that the Lord has given me great talents somewhere. It is just up to me to find them, develop them, and share them.

I am grateful that the Lord provided this show to help me remember or learn these things.

No comments: