I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Evening Snowfalls

Day 66

I have not tired of the snow. No, not yet. It is still so lovely--and I love that so much can fall in so short of a time. Even if those few hours are my last hours at work. And I have to clear my car off. And then drive home on uncleared streets because it is falling so fast and thickly. But it is still so beautiful!!!!

And I found a gratitude to go along with the beauty of the snow:

So far, it has all happened at night. On the nights I close. Meaning I get out of work when most people are no longer on the roads, or don't even want to venture out any more (whether or not weather was good). I can drive slowly and safely with relatively few cars on the streets with me. I can drive in darkness, which for me actually helps me see the snow better--on the ground as well as everywhere else. It not only leads to admiring its beauty more, but helps me see the streets and and tracks and drive more safely in them.

Odd gratitudes, yes, but the Lord knows that though I love snow and have driven in it before, I still am grateful for anything that can ease my way through it and make it a safer journey. The journey of life is hard--assistance from my Savior is always desired and needed, and hopefully appreciated.

No comments: