I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Potato Time!


Day 85

I have my couch!!! I have hoping for ever so long to have a couch. Where I can stretch out my poor legs that need to constantly move because of the crooked knees, but also curl up when I want to. Where I can recline. Or where I can even sit-up! I had determined as soon as I was moving to my new life that I wanted to have a couch in it. In my first week I was already looking at the DI choices, for I knew I’d never be able to afford a new one. I was perfectly fine with that. But happy turn of events had my brother and his wife buying a new couch set, and offering me part of their wrap-around couch (which I remember them buying). The best second-hand stuff comes from people you know, and that you know how the stuff has been treated and cared for.

We finally figured out how to get the couch from there to here, and together my brother and home teacher carried the couch up the two flights of stairs.

I couldn’t be happier! You may think this is the silliest thing to be happy and grateful for. But you don’t know my knees. Or my back which has begun to ache. Or my inability to read and stay awake since laying down often induces the desire to sleep and I had no comfortable furniture for sitting up in. And my home just feels...like a real home. With my bed and my couch, I am a thrilled and happy person.

I’m grateful that the Lord knew how much this couch would mean to me, and that my brother and his wife were so kind to give it to me.

No comments: