I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Never Underestimate Friendship


Day 77

I had a small turnout for my All Things Green party. One person. Unless you count Bob. Though he and Molly and Cupcake all stayed in the bedroom anyhow. Still. I’ve had less come to my parties. And while I love people to come, I don’t need them to come for me to enjoy myself. I plan what I know I will enjoy and invite others to enjoy with me. I was happy that the friend who came tonight was one I could very much enjoy the evening with. I made a version of my Mom’s yummy green Jell-O salad. And we watched 4 episodes of Dr. Quinn while reminiscing about growing up with the show, and laughing at various things.

But what I love most is how sincerely, fully, honestly, and willingly this sweet sister has offered her friendship to me. She has accepted me immediately and made me feel welcome and wanted. I don’t think a deserve such an immediate and fast friend, especially considering how hard it is for me to make friends.

Then to be reminded that there is not just this dear sister, but three who have whole-heartedly accepted me, with many others who are so kind and wonderful—it all culminates in being grateful to the Lord, because He knew just how much I needed friends like this right now.

No comments: