I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Responsibility


Day 86

I fulfilled my calling today. I mean, I’m not done with it. but I finished my first task—and in the time frame I set for myself. It made me feel good to have something to do, that helps the ward, that needed to be done, and that is not beyond my capabilities but still takes a bit of wisdom and brain effort!

So while I’m grateful for a calling that helps others and makes me feel good about myself, my main gratitude is that this evening, I was able to just “veg.” Not that I wanted to be lazy. It had plans to write letters and family history and such. But a headache and subsequent stomach-ache prevented me from wanting to even more.

I’m grateful that it didn’t get worse, and that I had my wonderful couch which helped me repose more to ease the pain than any chair or bed can do.

No comments: