I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, March 4, 2011

A full heart

Day 63

Two wonderful things today!

I was able to return to my dear ol' college town. I don't care how much the people in this valley look down on that valley. A part of me belongs there. It will always be so. Even with all of the changes that happen in the city around and on the campus itself, it still is very, very dear to me. I spent some of the most crucial, memorable, growing years there. It is a part of my soul and I will always love it. So to spend a couple of hours this morning on the campus, well, I had to hold in my tears of joy or else the students on campus would have thought me totally bizarre!!! Or I might have caused some concern, as I did a few times when I was a student myself on that campus and walking around with very different kinds of tears.

Oh yes. And one glorious addition to loving being there was knowing that I. Am. An. Alumnus. hee hee hee hee! No more student days there. The campus looks so much more glorious, fun, and exhilarating when I don't have to walk around it worried about papers and tests and so much more. :-)

The other wonderful was spending the rest of the day with a very dear friend whom I haven't seen since I left UT last. We went to the beloved Provo temple, and to 5 Guys for dinner (mmmmmmm) and to an aquarium for an evening outing. And that's not to mention the constant talking we did all among that!!! (Well, except in the temple. We waited until we were outside the temple before we let out giddy reunion joy take us, and then spoke for over an hour in the parking lot.)

I love that the Lord knows my heart and what many, many things make me happy.

No comments: