I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Making the Effort


Day 70

I went to part of a Mingles Activity for the branch. Part of it was just a little too late for my taste, but I was willing to eat dinner at a late hour in order to socialize. I think it is good I am setting a goal to go to every social opportunity that I can. For one, it gets me out when my first impulse (and desire) is to not go. Even though I know it is usually better for me to go. Even if it’s just part, at least I’m making the effort. And tonight, like most of the other times I go, I enjoyed myself. I enjoyed seeing the people that I do know and getting to know new people. I loved feeling welcomed and wanted by new friends.

The Lord knows what friends can do, especially for me, and I am most grateful.

No comments: