I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Equality and Respect


Day 89

It sometimes surprised me to look around the table at one of our Librarian Meetings. Everyone is older. I’m surprised by the age. I’m surprised by the knowledge and wisdom and experience that surrounds me. In my last two libraries, I worked with a few who were older. However, I have worked with quite a few who were my age and in similar life situations as me. And now I look around and realize that all but one or two at this table are around my parents’ ages.

I come to realize how grateful I am for what they have to offer me as I grow in my career and in life as well. But I am also grateful that they treat me with respect and equality. It very much adds to my ability to feel confident and happy in my job and in my work.

Again and again, I say it, for it is so true—I am grateful the Lord led me to a place where I can find such fulfillment in what I do, and that is only added to by those around me.

No comments: