I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I've Got Two Feet


Day 88

I’m part of a team at work for “March into May.” We’re tracking how many steps we walk for a month. We began yesterday. I figured this would be a great way to getting me back to walking during my lunch break. Last year I walked many a time during the winter months. But that’s because we didn’t have much by way of precipitation to worry about. Here, we do. And I may love rain, but I really don’t like rain when the temperature is cold. So with all of the snow, rain, and sleet I’ve had with this winter, I haven’t felt as excited about going out for a walk. Plus, I wasn’t quite sure of the neighborhood. But I’ve ventured a couple of times recently and feel confident at least with one route.

Thus, I took that route today. And oh my. It was a lovely day. Spring coming with the winter chill still in the air. Sunny with occasional cloudage. Sounds of children laughing and playing. Not too much traffic to worry about. Able to read during my walk. It all was wonderful. How I have missed my walks!!!

I’m so grateful the Lord has given me not only incentive to get back to something I love, but given me two working legs that help me simply do something that I love!

No comments: