I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Gospel Message Day 304

Work and Personal Responsibility, Part 4

In the LDS scriptures' topical guide, under work, I really like the "see also" topics:

See also Duty ; Example ; Good Works ; Idleness ; Industry ; Initiative ; Labor ; Laziness ; Priesthood, Magnifying Callings within ; Service ; Skill ; Welfare ; Work, Value of ; Workmanship ; Works

I like that example is in there. We are seen, whether or works be good or bad. Let us hope to be good examples of worthy and worthwhile work. Antonyms listed are idleness and laziness. So for our work to be good and productive, we can't waste around and do nothing. And we shouldn't be satisfied with doing a little here and a little there. Good, productive, worthwhile work is a full-hearted, completely concerted effort that continues to last. It may be used in service of others. It may take skill, or is a good way to build up skills. It often helps to have the Priesthood as part of it, as the work can be strengthened and reach in ways that we could not do on our own.

Sometimes, when I am bogged down with life and its many responsibilities at my job and at church and at home, I feel weary. So tired. All I want is a break. Rejuvenation. Renewing and restoring one's mental, emotional, physical, and other energies is crucial to keep the work going and keep it being good and effective. We just need to be sure that we don't get comfortable and stick around in the relaxing, renewing period. Take a breather. "Pay yourself first." Then get back out there and put your shoulder to the wheel of life.

No comments: