I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Gospel Message Day 291

Gratitude - Revisited

After the last couple of weeks, I have had my head put back on straight. I have so much to be grateful for, and I am ashamed of the petty worries and concerns I've been fretting over the last month or more. Thus I have chosen to focus outside of myself--to look outward. It's how the Savior lived, it's how I should.

So I've been trying to seek out more ways to serve to show my gratitude for all the Lord has blessed me with, and to share it with God's other children. Today I went to a service project I enjoy. I found myself going to "the background"--over the years I think that's where I'm most comfortable because I have often found myself there. (Possibly hiding from a video crew, too....) But today I was able to do the second 1/2 of the service, which I've never been able to before because of choir obligations. The second part truly is the best, because it immediately brings everything back in to perspective and focus. On my way home, I had to sing a prayer to my Father, because I have never felt this song to be more true and fitting and applicable and right.



But two other songs also came to mind this evening as I think on tonight and very much look forward to next week's service project.

First, there is this hymn arrangement which I first sang in Junior High choir:

Then there is, of course, Josh's fabulous song. I wish I could post my own music video of it. But copyright for his song, etc. So this will have to do. (Someone else posting it!)




No comments: