I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Gospel Message Day 297

Sacrament, Part 2

The sacrament is a covenant to remember. There are two very sacred prayers said, one for the bread and the other for the wine (now we use water because we know it is pure). They are both similar, but with a couple of differences. Every week we hear these prayers in the Ordinance of the Sacrament. Every week we are reminded of what we are promising our Father. Every week we are assured of what He promised us if we are faithful in keeping this covenant.

Bread (our promiseHis promise):
O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this bread to the souls of all those who partake of it; that they may eat in remembrance of the body of thy Son, and witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they are willing to take upon them the name of thy Son, and always remember him, and keep his commandments which he hath given them, that they may always have his Spirit to be with them. Amen.

Water (our promiseHis promise):
O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee, in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this wine to the souls of all those who drink of it, that they may do it in remembrance of the blood of thy Son, which was shed for them; that they may witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they do always remember him, that they may have his Spirit to be with them. Amen.

No comments: