I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Gospel Message Day 290

Jesus - Creator, Part 2

I think on this topic, and scriptures come to mind. There are, of course, the Genesis scriptures. But there are passages in other books of scripture that refer to this topic. I have always loved the Doctrine and Covenants. It is full of revelations, and often they are written as they were received. As Christ is the one who gave these revelations (mostly to Joseph Smith), they are Him speaking. When we read "I" and "me" and "myself," those mean our very Savior Himself. I love reading His direct words.

Doctrine & Covenants 38:3 
I am the same which spake, and the world was made, and all things came by me.

Doctrine & Covenants 29:31
For by the power of my Spirit created I them; yea, all things both spiritual and temporal—

Doctrine & Covenants 117:6-7
For have I not the fowls of heaven, and also the fish of the sea, and the beasts of the mountains? Have I not made the earth? Do I not hold the destinies of all the armies of the nations of the earth?
Therefore, will I not make solitary places to bud and to blossom, and to bring forth in abundance? saith the Lord.

Isn't that one fabulous? A reassurance that if our Redeemer is powerful enough to create the Earth and all things on, above and beneath it, then He has the power to take care of us and to bless us.
Doctrine & Covenants 88:6-13
He that ascended up on high, as also he descended below all things, in that he comprehended all things, that he might be in all and through all things, the light of truth;
 Which truth shineth. This is the light of Christ. As also he is in the sun, and the light of the sun, and the power thereof by which it was made.
 As also he is in the moon, and is the light of the moon, and the power thereof by which it was made;
 As also the light of the stars, and the power thereof by which they were made;
 10 And the earth also, and the power thereof, even the earth upon which you stand.
 11 And the light which shineth, which giveth you light, is through him who enlighteneth your eyes, which is the same light that quickeneth your understandings;
 12 Which light proceedeth forth from the presence of God to fill the immensity of space—
 13 The light which is in all things, which giveth life to all things, which is the law by which all things are governed, even the power of God who sitteth upon his throne, who is in the bosom of eternity, who is in the midst of all things.


In this we read a testimony of Joseph Smith concerning the Savior--beautiful words full of power and surety.
Doctrine & Covenants 76: 19-24
And while we meditated upon these things, the Lord touched the eyes of our understandings and they were opened, and the glory of the Lord shone round about.
And we beheld the glory of the Son, on the right hand of the Father, and received of his fulness;
And saw the holy angels, and them who are sanctified before his throne, worshiping God, and the Lamb, who worship him forever and ever.
And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!
For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father—
That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God.

No comments: