I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Gospel Message Day 286

Lord's Covenant People

Wow. What a topic to draw. I have only one idea right now how to begin this. I saw the topic and immediately thought of the scriptures I read over and over again in the Book of Mormon when the Lord talks about them being His covenant people. I know there is more than that, and I hope it will come to me in the next day or two.

  • 3 Nephi 20:29

  • And I will remember the covenant which I have made with my people; and I have covenanted with them that I would gather them together in mine own due time, that I would give unto them again the land of their fathers for their inheritance, which is the land of Jerusalem, which is the promised land unto them forever, saith the Father.

      • Mormon 7:10

        • And ye will also know that ye are a remnant of the seed of Jacob; therefore ye are numbered among the people of the first covenant; and if it so be that ye believe in Christ, and are baptized, first with water, then with fire and with the Holy Ghost, following the example of our Savior, according to that which he hath commanded us, it shall be well with you in the day of judgment. Amen.
          • 3 Nephi 21:4

            For it is wisdom in the Father that they should be established in this land, and be set up as a free people by the power of the Father, that these things might come forth from them unto a remnant of your seed, that the covenant of the Father may be fulfilled which he hath covenanted with his people, O house of Israel;
          • We tend to think of the covenant people as the Jews. Those of the House of Israel. But this scripture reminds us that people can be adopted in to the House of Israel. The inhabitants of the ancient Americas are a branch of the House of Israel, and one of the covenants the Lord made with them was that if they were righteous, they would be blessed and prosper in the land. With members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints being adopted into the House of Israel, the covenant holds true for us, too--if we are obedient and keep God's commandments, then we will be blessed and prosper in this wonderful land.

No comments: