I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Gospel Message Day 294

The Church of Jesus Christ in Former Times, Part 2

We speak of the Church in ancient times, and we usually think of what was over in Jerusalem, which spread to the various places that Paul wrote his epistles to (Corinth, etc). But, unless you are a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and believe in in the Book of Mormon, that is it. Those who believe in the Book of Mormon believe that the resurrected Savior visited the ancient Americas. While there, He established the Church among them as well. And the Church lasted in the Americas for 200 years, whereas it only made it 70 on the other side of the ocean before it became apostate and truths were lost or changed. Eventually the Lord removed His authority, His power, and the Priesthood from the Earth, waiting to restore them until the world was ready and able to receive them again. The Lord promised He would restore them, and He has kept His promise. I marvel at the connection I can have with such long ago saints--that we come together to try to heal and build each other up while working to become more like Christ.

No comments: