I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Worth It

Day 6

I've had a lot of time to think on my current trip. And I've known since last Sunday that I had forgotten my exact promise to the Savior. I didn't write it down because, well, most of my things were packed and I felt it was too sacred to record here. But as it was finally starting to come back to me, I realize that it is something I want to share at least part of here. I want to really focus on my Savior this year. It ties in with gratitude especially, as I want to recognize His hand in my life more while also tying things to scriptures and Gospel messages and improving my testimony of Him.

In my few days of forgetfulness, I kind of made a new promise. Which was the missionary one (explained in that post). So, now that I remember the original promise, I decided to stick to the original (since it works better--or it is easier for me to do--with the daily gratitudes) but try to still incorporate the Member Missionary Every Day. The latter may take a little time as I figure out just what I'm doing, but I think it a good and exciting idea to try both! It may be in the same post (like today), or it may be separate. We'll see how it turns out!

So, today's missionary moment and message of the Savior is how much a testimony of Him and faith in Him is truly a sustaining power. My mother and I have made mention on this trip of various things the pioneer saints endured as they went through the early years of the Church's history. How much they sacrificed and endured--and some of those physical challenges being harder than we today could ever imagine. And why? Why endure such cold in frozen clothing? Why keep going on as life after loved one's life keeps getting taken away?

Why?

Because the Savior is real and His Church and His Gospel are real and it is all worth the small sacrifices in this life to return home to heaven and the promises that the Savior has made possible for us.

No comments: