I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Future Horizons

Day 19

Today I got a glimpse of my role in this huge library system. I may not be very high on the totem pole. Indeed, I haven't any clue just how many "up theres" are up there. But now I know I'm not as low on that pole either.

Don't get me wrong. Every position is needed and vital. Goodness--we have people whose entire responsibility is to shelve the millions of items returned every year! I have my joys in shelving, but it is a relief to not have to keep stopping my other tasks in order to fulfill that one, too. Or those who keep the grounds so nice and clean and lovely.

I guess the closest I can get to it is how much I affect or am in contact/cooperation with others in the system. And in a system this large with as many patrons as we serve, it is daunting and exciting at the same time.

I am grateful that the Lord sees and knows my abilities as well as (and maybe more to the point) my potential--and that He has led me to such opportunities as are ahead of me!

No comments: