I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

True Guidance

Day 9

Tonight's CES Fireside talk given by Elder Christofferson was perfect. Exactly what I needed to hear right now. Everything going on in my life keeps projecting my mind-frame days, weeks, months, even years ahead. And it is exhausting! Not to mention overwhelming, frightening, and even disheartening. I too often think far down the road when things get tough and scary. And it is never good for me.

So to have an Apostle of the Jesus Christ tell me that it is OK to think day-to-day for some things--to often focus on getting through one day at a time, means the world to me. It very much ties in with Pres. Uchtdorf's recent General Conference message about slowing down. I need both of those in my life, but particularly now.

And I am grateful that my Savior knows me so well and knows to give me pertinent, meaningful, and wonderful guidance through His servants.

No comments: