I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Society

Day 28

I am slowly getting to know people in the ward. It's huge ward. I've been in large Singles wards before. At BYU. But it was different there. For my ward boundaries consisted of an apartment complex and a few houses. My Church friends were also all the people outside of work whom I would hang out with. Or go to school with. Or live with. Or, well, much more. The boundary in this ward is comparatively much larger. And I'm so much busier now than I was in those wards. So it is much harder for me to get to know everyone and quickly. I'm also still calling-less, and have no responsibilities which by nature would help me get to know more people.

Still, I am trying to go to many social functions. A huge thing for me, considering my qualms and such. Tonight's huge Mingles activity made me feel better as I not only met more people, but realized there are at least 10 people I know and who know me. People who pat me on the shoulder as they walk past, or ask about my week and particulars about my job, or worry over how tired I look and completely understand when the hour is past my bedtime. I don't feel that I'm being judged or made fun of for who I am and how I live. I am around a lot more understanding, and general good will than I've been in a while. Not that some of that wasn't there in the last few years, it's just here in abundance.

It may be slow going getting into this ward, but it is going--and I am grateful my Savior is giving me courage and patience in this endeavor.

No comments: