I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, January 21, 2011

"Temples Dot the..." Valley!

Day 21

Not only did I make it to the temple today (a much longed for visit in the 3 months that I've been denied the  opportunity or ability to go), but I also managed to

-have my Internet set up (yay!)
-obtain frames (for cheap!) to give the rest of my pictures a nicer look as they hang on the wall
-have pizza (mmmmm)
-have a quick chat with my dear (engaged!) friend
-buy a ticket for a wedding in April
-set up a hair appointment...in April
-budget and balance
-look at old books
-catch up on emails and such
-watch the first two episodes of the current season of Lark Rise!!!!
-do my first load of laundry in this new abode

There was more I could have done, but I was a little lazy in some of my goings-ons and goings-abouts.

The point is that I got all of those things done on the same day as I was able to go to the temple. It was a reminder over and over of how close I am to not just one temple, but several! Even with one closed for maintenance, I had 3 others to choose from that were within a half hour's drive. Not 3-4 hours one way. And all of the possibilities of being able to maybe return to attending the temple on a weekly basis just made my heart swell.

Yes--one absolutely, wonderfully joyous reason the Lord has brought me here!

1 comment:

Ramona Zabriskie said...

Heidi - you ARE lucky! I'm taking 52 sisters from the Staines England ward to the temple this Saturday in celebration of my birthday - by bus! I'm so excited - we've been planning for months. How wonderful to just jump in the car and go. Where do you live my dear? I'll be in SLC this week and I'd like to tell you why and see if we can meet up if you're in the Valley. Shoot me an email.