I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, January 24, 2011

All in the Hair

Day 24

I'm not typically a fan of Latin dancing. It's just too za-za-whoa! with the hips and everything. It's worse for me when it is intended to be a social dance. Because Latin dancing is not the kind of dancing I want to be dancing with any man who is not my husband. But I could not help having one pleasure at FHE this evening, no matter how odd, silly, and vain. My hair. (Oh, a treasured blessing that I frequently try to prepare myself for any event in life that may, um, separate me from it.) Including when it flows in grace and beauty that makes me look like I know how to twirl and spin.

Even the little silly joys that bring a smile and a squink more of seeing beauty in myself when I often do not is important to my Savior because He knows the effect it will have on me--and I am grateful for that.

No comments: