I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

We gather together

Day 13

I was in sheer awe.

And nervousness.

And wonder.

And in overwhelming "wow."

Because there was an entire BUILDING for Institute classes. With a chapel and a gym and such. And classes offered all week long. And more people in my one class than would show up to Sunday meetings at my most recent branch back east.

I knew these things existed. And I went to BYU, so I've been around hundreds and thousands of Mormons before. And been in fabulous scripture study courses with scads of people. And been in college buildings swarmed with LDS people going to school or church (depending on the day). But I did now grow up out here. This is not common for me.

And I hope I never lose my awe and wonder and excitement over dozens or hundreds or thousands of my faith all congregating in one place where we share in our love for the Savior and thirst for Gospel knowledge and testimony building.

I am grateful the Savior blessed me to grow up in such a way that I would not take the Gospel as much for granted so that I could have so many wonderful experiences throughout my life, including being immensely buoyed up by a simple gathering of Latter-day Saints.

No comments: