I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Dearest Children

Day 31

I could have have chosen today's gratitude as having a paid day of not having to work but instead being fed lunch and going to so fun mini-classes about various things (like digital scrapbooking!).

And I am grateful for that.

I could have chosen today's gratitude as discovering a shared love of Period Dramas and enjoying the squeals and oh mys over certain aspects of them.

And I am grateful for that.

But I have to choose for today's gratitude the receipt of a most happy "letter." My 3 favorite storytime attenders. Adorable sisters who made the storytime for me when they would show up. Each one either wrote me a letter or drew pictures and dictated what they mean. And the wonderful mother included a couple of pictures of them. It was so wonderful receiving that and it still makes me happy when I see them on the refrigerator. I am not blessed with marriage and children, yet. Some day, I do hope. But for now, I find my joy in children from my nieces and nephews, and from the wonderful children I get to work with at my job. It was one of the hardest things for me to leave at the last job. So it means a lot to have a sweet little girl write to me and tell me I was her favorite librarian, and have a mother thank me for how I have helped her children.

The greatest thanks is that the Lord knew how much I wanted to work with children, and that "in due time" He granted such a great blessing for me.

No comments: