I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Work

Day 30

It was 5th Sunday, so Priesthood and Relief Society meetings were combined. We had a guest speaker, who spoke about employment and job interviews and such. I liked his point that we are a people who have temporal things to take care of, and yet the temporal is important because it still affects our spiritual lives. I agree. But I couldn't help thinking that this topic was something I knew. I mean, I've had a lot of interviews in the last 10 years. And most of them were behavioral interviews, which this brother was not talking about. I knew it was a great topic for many of the brothers and sisters present. Just not quite applicable to me, especially considering I was barely hired for a new job. Yet I was reminded over and over of an immense gratitude which I can only attribute to the Lord:

How grateful I am that I am not only employed, but have been employed for many years and in the field that I desired.

No comments: