I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, December 1, 2014

Gospel Message Day 68

Accountability, Part 3

I honestly don't know what else to say on this topic. It feels lie one I should write about in more than 2 days. Yet I'm stuck. There really isn't much beyond the fact that we're accountable for our own actions, whether righteous or not, and that this accountability is a gift from Heavenly Father which puts our salvation into our own hands. (With the needed help of our Savior, of course.)

I'm sure there is more that I could say, but I can't think what. This is a simple concept for me. Which means I'm not very good at teaching it. Plus it goes with choice and agency. But I didn't pick those topics, so I'm trying not to say much of them so I can save up for when it is their turn.

I've even been trying to think of music to share that goes along with the topic. Growing up, we had a Young Women values songbook. I learned the one for Infinite Worth. And of course I knew the one that mentioned the then-seven values. But unfortunately, I did not learn the song for Choice & Accountability. I know there are plenty of songs that relate to choice. But not too many about Accountability. The LDS hymnbook doesn't list anything under that topic. The LDS Primary Songbook has a few, but not quite what I had in mind. One if the Article of Faith I quoted 2 days ago.

Still, I'll link to these two Primary songs that get kind of close to it, one (Dare to Do Right) being one I sang a lot as a child and the other (I'll Walk with You) having a message that gets me every time I play or sing the song.

Cute video of Dare to Do Right being performed!




No comments: