I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Gospel Message Day 91

Christmas Scripture Advent Calendar, Part 24

Day 24 scripture: Luke:2:12-14
And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

Well, I already mentioned about the swaddling clothes a couple of days ago. So neat. But the other part of this scripture is something that very much resonates with me: the multitude. I can't imagine them praising in any way except through singing. As my Sterling Singers choir director says, only in singing can one praise with loud volume and still be reverent. :-)

Aside from that, I also find singing the most uplifting way to praise both for the one who gives the praise as well as to those who hear the praise. Singing praises to our Savior involves the giver(s), the hearer(s), and the One Who is praised about. All are renewed, uplifted, and comforted by it. The silent listener can join their heart in resonating and agreeing with what they hear sung. And they are able to praise together.
 

This scripture also puts me in mind of my favorite part of the Forgotten Carols. I have yet to see them live. I have seen part of a recording, but not the whole thing. I have listened to my friend's cassette tape of them. I'm sure I would like them more if I had more of a chance to immerse myself in them and really enjoy them. But I love the story of Handel in that.

No comments: