I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Gospel Message Day 85

Christmas Scripture Advent Calendar, Part 18

Day 18 scripture - Helaman 14: 5-6

And behold, there shall a new star arise, such an one as ye never have beheld; and this also shall be a sign unto you.
And behold this is not all, there shall be many signs and wonders in heaven.

I would love to have seen the star that the world saw that night. Like what I said yesterday, the star is symbolic of the Savior shining through the night. Just like the star guided the shepherds and later the wise men, He guides us in our lives--but it is our choice if we will follow.

The scripture puts me in mind of a song the BYU choirs sang in their Christmas concert in 2002. Our concert is often aired on BYUtv, but I can't find a showing for it this year. This was the only recording I found of the version we sang.

No comments: