I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Gospel Message Day 72

Christmas Scripture Advent Day 5

Day 5 Scripture - Luke 1:32-35

He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
This seems like a repeat of the previous days (excepting Bethlehem being singled out as the place). But there are many, many recounts of what happened as well as of the prophecies of what would happen. While this is a prophecy, it is not about Mary. This one is to her, about the Son that she will have. (Again--that whole "Mary, Did You Know?" Yes. She did.)

I've been waiting to share this song, since we've been singing it in my choir and will do so at our concert next week. It must be shared some time during the Christmas season. So here you go!


With God, nothing is impossible. The Christmas season, and the reason for it, are perfect examples of that.

No comments: