I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Gospel Message Day 71

Christmas Scripture Advent Day 4

Day 4 Scripture - Jeremiah 23:5
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper. and shall execute judgement and justice in the earth.

It was prophesied that Jesus would be a King. The people throughout history up to this time (and goodness--even ever since that time) have mostly seen kings as high and mighty. Above everyone. Rich, wealthy. All that jazz. Not many people grew up with a King Benjamin over their kingdoms, who was humble and worked right alongside them.

So it makes sense that they were looking for someone grand as to the ways of the world. Not a humble child born in a stable. And yet He that had the lowliest beginning is greater than any man to ever walk the earth. He had the greatest worth of all, and those unwise seeking him (like Herod) did not know how to see worth right in front of them. So it is with all of us. We are all of great, infinite worth. And yet there are those our lives who might treat us with little to no respect. Perhaps we do that to others. It is up to us, not just at Christmas but all the year round, to look and see the worth of souls all around us. For He that is greatest of all wants us to help everyone know and feel that He loves them, too.

Today's song is the one my ward choir worked on for 4 months and sang absolutely beautifully a week ago. It talks about our King, so I'm sharing it with today's message:


No comments: