I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Gospel Message Day 88

Christmas Scripture Advent Calendar, Part 21

Day 21 Scripture - 3 Nephi 1:19
And it came to pass that there was no darkness in all that night, but it was as light as though it was mid-day. And it came to pass that the sun did rise in the morning again, according to its proper order; and they knew that it was the day that the Lord should be born, because of the sign which had been given.

This continues on the story I summed up yesterday, and refers to when the sign did actually come about. A new star also appeared, which is mentioned in verse 21. Not sure what else to say about either sign, since they have been mentioned in previous scriptures on this calendar. I love the connection of Christ being the light of the world, and signs of His birth coming in the forms of light. His death brought signs of darkness, showing how the Light of the World had gone out. But He was resurrected, and light was restored.

Love and light are often used interchangeably, or at least are connected. It makes sense to me. The Savior is our Light; the Savior is love.

"Son of God; Love's pure light."

No comments: