I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Gospel Message Day 84

Christmas Scripture Advent Calendar, Part 17

Day 17 scripture - Helaman 14:3
And behold, this will I give unto you for a sign at the time of his coming; for behold, there shall be great lights in heaven, insomuch that in the night before he cometh there shall be no darkness, insomuch that it shall appear unto man as if it was day.

I love the story of the Savior's coming as seen in the Americas (which is what this prophecy is concerning). Could you imagine being there at that time? That would be the most undeniable thing--the sun went down and it is still light outside! And how beautifully symbolic. Jesus is the Light that shines through the darkness. That darkness can be our own personal one(s), but it can also be that in the world where ignorance or misunderstanding or cruelty or hatred might be. Jesus is full of Love, and that is the Light that can drive away the darkness.

No comments: