I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Gospel Message Day 77

Christmas Scripture Advent Calendar, Part 10

Day 10 Scripture - Isaiah 11:1 
"And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots"

I have no idea what to say about this, because I feel I've already talked about it. I'm starting to not be impressed with this calendar. So many other scriptures talking about our Savior, even in only prophesying His birth.

I think I'm going to add on the 2nd verse, because I can say a little bit more with it.
"And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord"

He didn't just come to save us. He came to learn how He could best succor us. He was blessed with wisdom and understanding to better comprehend what we go through in this life. And He knows better than any one how to lead and guide us. Which makes me think of the rarely sung 2nd verse of O Holy Night. So here you go for today's daily Christmas song:


1. O holy night, the stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of the dear Saviour’s birth;
Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
'Till he appeared and the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn;
 
Fall on your knees, Oh hear the angel voices!
O night divine! O night when Christ was born.
O night, O holy night, O night divine.
2. Led by the light of Faith serenely beaming;
With glowing hearts by his cradle we stand:
So, led by light of a star sweetly gleaming,
Here come the wise men from Orient land,
The King of Kings lay thus in lowly manger,
In all our trials born to be our friend;
He knows our need, To our weakness no stranger!
Behold your King! Before Him lowly bend!
Behold your King! your King! before him bend!
3. Truly He taught us to love one another;
His law is Love and His gospel is Peace;
Chains shall he break, for the slave is our brother,
And in his name all oppression shall cease,
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful Chorus raise we;
Let all within us praise his Holy name!

Christ is the Lord, then ever! ever praise we!
His pow'r and glory, evermore proclaim!
His pow'r and glory, evermore proclaim!

No comments: