I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Gospel Message Day 76

Christmas Scripture Advent Calendar, Part 9

Day 9 Scripture - Psalm 24:
 The earth is the Lord’s, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
 For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
 Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place?
 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
 He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
 Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.
 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
 10 Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

Some repetition in this chapter to help the people then and those of us now: Jesus is the King of Glory, and it is up to us to let Him in.

The two songs that immediately come to mind, I have already shared ("O Little Town" and "Hallelujah Chorus"). Because they sing about our Savior's glory, as well as our part to let Him in. through Christ. But the scripture also talks about the promised blessings that come through our Savior. So I'm going to share one of my favorite songs from my concert tonight. However, I'm going to share the other version that MoTab sings at the end of every Christmas concert--which is how I first heard the song.

MoTab:


Dan Forrest arrangement:



And the lyrics--last verse is my favorite:
Angels from the realms of glory,
Wing your flight o'er all the earth;
Ye who sang creation's story,
Now proclaim Messiah's birth:
Come and worship,
Come and worship,
Worship Christ, the newborn King!

Shepherds, in the fields abiding,
Watching o'er your flocks by night,
God with man is now residing,
Yonder shines the infant Light;
Come and worship,
Come and worship,
Worship Christ, the newborn King!

Sages, leave your contemplations,
Brighter visions beam afar;
Seek the great desire of nations,
Ye have seen His natal star;
Come and worship,
Come and worship,
Worship Christ, the newborn King!

Saints before the altar bending,
Watching long in hope and fear,
Suddenly the Lord, descending,
In His temple shall appear:
Come and worship,
Come and worship,
Worship Christ, the newborn King!

No comments: