I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, December 8, 2014

Gospel Message Day 75

Christmas Scripture Advent Calendar, Part 8

Day 8 Scripture - Isaiah 40:11
He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

One of my favorite analogies of the Savior is that He is our Shepherd. A shepherd is one of the most humble occupations. But it is one that requires honest, sincere love and care for the work and for those being served. In the normal sense, a shepherd has to love his sheep. And love watching them. (If not, why would he even stick with his job?) It is the same for our Shepherd. He loves us. He loves to gather us back into the fold, and to carry us through the rough places.

I love this arrangement by John Ness Beck--I just wish I could have found MoTab singing it. I love all 4 parts!
 

No comments: