I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Gospel Message Day 67

Accountability, Part 2

I was looking up quotes and such that go with accountability. And I loved this one:

“God judges men according to the use they make of the light which He gives them.”
—Joseph Smith, in History of the Church, 5:401
I think it refers to the most important part of accountability (and our agency--since those two go hand-in-hand). Heavenly Father gives us so much. To me, one of the best things He has given us is the light of Christ. We have a responsibility with that light, since we were given that light to make use of it. So we are accountable for what we do (or don't do) with that light. 

No comments: