I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Gospel Message Day 43

In the Little Things

I have left for vacation, and I didn't feel like carting the Dog Full of Topics with me. So I'm going for a different spin. I'm going to talk of the ways I see the Lord's hand in my vacation days. Because His hand is in every one of my days. It just makes this trip one of even more gratitude and happiness--things I would like to fill my days with while I take a break from the stresses that have filled my life over the last days, weeks, months. Yeah. The whole year. Plus a bit more. I don't need stress for my next week. Stress Free and Gratitude Satiation! That's the plan. And, yes, I do believe that the little things in my life are because of the Lord's hand. I believe He wants me to find happiness. I believe He wants to give that to me so that I feel that I'm not just loved, but especially that He loves me.

So far on this trip, I have had a fabulous journey. So little stress. Plenty of time to sleep, which was much needed. Good food to eat. I always enjoy "eating out" on vacation. And it was such a different setting than I'm used to. It added to the ambiance and the fun.

Spectacular scenery to watch go by slowly. I half-woke as the sun was rising. Managed a picture. Was in and out of sleep for the next couple of hours, but I really enjoyed laying there in my seat(s) and staring out the windows. Watching the world go slowly by. Not having to worry about being the driver, or navigating, or anything. It made me very nostalgic for the road trips we had when I was growing up. I loved being in our van full of people, and still be allowed to be alone. To love seeing the world go by without any other care in the world at the time. To soak in the beauty that God has put in this world. To get a chance to see an autumn, especially in a part of the country I haven't seen autumn before.

To also have Time. Time alone to think, renew, relax. That is crucial for me and I don't get it very often. At least, not of late. So that was a huge blessing to have--especially to start out immediately with that!

I met some very nice people during the whole journey. People who were helpful and let me know where and when things were, which was quite nice since this was my first trip by train. People who are open to talking when talking is wanted, or fine with silence when silence is wanted. I had breakfast with a writer, and lunch with a retired librarian and a woman involved with bookstores. The people the Lord put in my path so far in the last 24 hours have just reminded me of the goodness of people, the kindness of them. A reminder that every one has a story. That every one is a child of God.

That's all I have to "report" for now. Because there will be so much more. My main reason for the trip hasn't even entered into it, yet. But she will--very soon. In just a few minutes. And I'm so excited to see one of the people I love the most in this world!


No comments: