I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, November 24, 2014

Gospel Message Day 61

Temple Ordinances, Part 8

I felt like sharing at least one more day on this topic, since I love it so much. I wanted to share this song:
 

And I have learned that truth: a family is forever.

To lay it all out on the table, I don't know how all of that is affected by divorce. My dad is the only one on his side who has not been divorced. Makes doing my family history a very interesting task!  I don't know how it works or doesn't, what happens to eternal bonds when a divorce takes place--especially a temple divorce. I can't imagine the agony that families affected by divorce must endure. I will never forget what my mother told me how my (divorced) uncle reacted when his children sang "Families Can Be Together Forever" at a funeral.

All I know is that I can only do my best in striving to make and keep the temple covenants Heavenly Father wants me to make. The unexpected, unplanned paths that are now opening to mid-single me were not ones I prepared for. Or ever thought would be a part of my life. But they are. And while I don't know what all will be involved if that path becomes the road in my life, I do know the Lord wants my happiness. And the happiness of the best friend I marry, and all that will be involved in that marriage. I trust that He will make sure all works together for our good if we live righteously and do our best and our all in relation to what He has asked us to do. It's not up for me to know how. Just to trust and love Him, as well as those who become a part of my life.

No comments: