I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Gospel Message Day 62

Teachings of Christ

I'm 1/6 of the way through this challenge. Totally going to make it! :-) Though I honestly have no idea how to start on this new topic. It's so huge! AND--the majority of the topics I write about are somehow related to the Savior's teachings. There will be overlap. And definitely going to take a few days.

To begin, I suppose it makes sense to explain that the head of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is Jesus Christ. I am a member of His church which is established on His teachings. So it is wise for me to know, study, and live my Savior's teachings.

The best source to know what Christ's teachings are: the scriptures! And one can't just read. One must immerse. Bishop Davies said this in last year's April General Conference:

While reading the scriptures is good, reading by itself is insufficient to capture the full breadth and depth of the Savior’s teachings. Searching, pondering, and applying the words of Christ as taught in the scriptures will bring wisdom and knowledge beyond our mortal understanding. This will strengthen our commitment and provide the spiritual reserves to do our best in all situations.

So well said. And as a starter for this topic, I shall include some songs. Of course. This first one was sung at the same Conference when the quoted talk was given:


 The stories of Jesus show us how He lived. How He taught. How He loved. No better way to know what the Savior taught than by studying His life. Which brings me to the other song. If we know His teachings, and want to live them, the best way is to be like Him.


No comments: