I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Gospel Message Day 38

Exaltation, Part 4

To finish off with this topic, I thought I would talk a little about how ordinances alone will not guarantee exaltation. After we have received the ordinances mentioned yesterday, we then have to continue in obedience and faithfulness. Heavenly Father has given us commandments to obey, because obeying them prepares us to be ready to return to Him. It shows our willingness to sacrifice and align our will with His (since He knows what is best for us and what will help us grow the most). We prove our worthiness of exaltation by how we live this life.

The Gospel principles manual listed these as some of the things we are to do in life to receive exaltation in the life hereafter:
  1. 1. 
    Love God and our neighbors.
  2. 2. 
    Keep the commandments.
  3. 3. 
    Repent of our wrongdoings.
  4. 4. 
    Search out our kindred dead and receive the saving ordinances of the gospel for them.
  5. 5. 
    Attend our Church meetings as regularly as possible so we can renew our baptismal covenants by partaking of the sacrament.
  6. 6. 
    Love our family members and strengthen them in the ways of the Lord.
  7. 7. 
    Have family and individual prayers every day.
  8. 8. 
    Teach the gospel to others by word and example.
  9. 9. 
    Study the scriptures.
  10. 10. 
    Listen to and obey the inspired words of the prophets of the Lord.
If one truly loves the Lord, then this list becomes not what we are supposed to do, but what we want to do. And it is what I want to do, and strive to do. I want to live with my Father again. There I will also be with His Son, my Redeemer. And I pray that my loved ones will one day be there with me too.

It's in my head right now, so here is a song I feel to share. Because I want to be fit "for the life above."


Lyrics

  1. 1. Savior, Redeemer of my soul,
    Whose mighty hand hath made me whole,
    Whose wondrous pow'r hath raised me up
    And filled with sweet my bitter cup!
    What tongue my gratitude can tell,
    O gracious God of Israel.

  2. 2. Never can I repay thee, Lord,
    But I can love thee. Thy pure word,
    Hath it not been my one delight,
    My joy by day, my dream by night?
    Then let my lips proclaim it still,
    And all my life reflect thy will.

  3. 3. O'errule mine acts to serve thine ends.
  4. Change frowning foes to smiling friends.
    Chasten my soul till I shall be
    In perfect harmony with thee.
    Make me more worthy of thy love,
    And fit me for the life above.
  5. Text: Orson F. Whitney, 1855-1931
    Music: Harry A. Dean, 1892-1987. (c) 1948 IRI

No comments: