I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Gospel Message Day 66

Accountability

The topics I draw are all very daunting. To start this one off, I think it would be easiest to quote our 2nd Article of Faith about accountability:

We believe that men will be punished for their own sins and not for Adam's transgression.

Some believe that we are punished for Adam's choice to take of the forbidden fruit. But in the LDS Church, we believe that we are accountable for our own choices.

The dictionary definition of accountability is

 The quality or state of being accountableespecially :  an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions 

I like that responsibility is used in the definition. We are responsible for what we do or don't do, what we say or don't say. The Savior has let us know what He would have us do. It is our agency to choose if we will obey, but we must remember that we are accountable for the choices we make as well as the resulting consequences, good or bad. It is one of my goals to be obedient and make the right choices, because I know my Savior would never ask me to do something that would not help me grow nor eventually bring about more happiness and joy.

No comments: