I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

With Friends

Day 215

It is not always wise to hang out with friends in the middle of the week. Because it very likely will lead to a late night. And when everyone in the party has work the following morning, well, we all know how we're going to feel the next day. But it is very much worth it. Especially for me, as I don't have many opportunities to be social right now.

I am grateful for each time the Lord gives me to spend with friends.

Today's Smile: We had another Toddler Play Hour at work. Our last for the summer since storytime will begin in the fall. And much to my sorrow I have been asked to really focus on the teens this fall and not do any storytimes. It makes since, as for another few months we have 3 other children's librarians. By winter or so there will be just the 2 of us and I'll have my chance to work closely with the preschoolers and toddlers again. But what sadness for the few months I'll be separated from them. Especially when one of my favorite little guys came in with his mom (who is expecting #2 in Sept. and which I did not know!), and when he saw me his wonderful, only-he-could-give smile spread across his little face. It made my heart so happy that he remembers me and that he still smiles when he sees me. How I wish I could give such smiles every day and all day.

Today's Something New: I learned how the Aboriginal phone call works! All of those years of knowing it could make the sound, but not knowing the "trick" or science behind it. Now I do. Nifty stuff! Thanks, Mad Science program. I wish I could have stayed in for the rest of it and learned more.

No comments: