I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Born (Able) to Run

Day 227

At last!! No pending headache or sheer exhaustion. I was ready. I went running!! If you read this blog, you know how much that means to me. Especially as I've only run once since moving here--and it was the coldest morning of them all! Crazy. I know. You don't need to tell me. But I resisted because of altitude and all. And I could only remember how much I was in pain during the running instead of remembering how awesome I felt the rest of the day afterwards.

I'm grateful the Lord makes it possible for me to run--whenever I choose, especially this morning.

Today's Smile: There was a mom and her son trying to figure out a book he had read before. We spent 20 minutes trying to figure it out. We never did, though I left them with the option of me checking on the librarian listserv to see if the book sounded familiar to them. Before I could get the post up, the mom came back to say her son did more research and figured it out. The smile was how grateful she was that I put in a lot of effort to try and find the answer. It's my job--and I'm glad I could try to help.

Today's Something New: I'm listening to a book about Emma Smith and Lucy Mack Smith. I learned a bit more about Lucy's background than I knew before. I guess I never learned more about her because I focused on her husband's family. After all, they were my family, too! So it was interesting to hear more of her background.

No comments: