I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Facing It

Day 231

I've not been happy about my face lately. Two medical conditions cause itching/peeling/flaking and constant break-outs. While I still feel pretty good about me and don't think I'm ugly, it's still hard for me to look in the mirror with a face like mine. And it's not just that it looks bleh. It is a little painful, too. With "the water" my family (and many others) uses, my parents let me know there was a water regime that helps with break-outs. It may also help with psoriasis. (And it couldn't hurt, considering all of the other things I've tried.)

Now, I have followed the regime a few times. The first time I did, I definitely noticed that the pain was gone. I didn't really see any other effects, but I also did not stick with it for much longer than a week at a time. I am inherently lazy by nature, and I know this. So a regime that asks me to wash my face, then spray with 2.5 water, then put a cloth soaked in 11.5 on my face for 15 minutes, and then spray with 5.5 water.... Well, it gets a bit much. Particularly that 15 minute part. And I'd love a washcloth with mouth and nose holes so I didn't feel like I was suffocating. But I haven't one and after a few days I get lazy and irked and I stop.

But tonight, I was thinking of how much I am really tired of my face looking and feeling this way. And if I have something that can help, well, then, I should stop complaining and do what I can, right? No matter how intricate the regime. So, I decided to try again--with more determination and all. Use that self-discipline that my father talks of me having. I began right away, and I hope to keep up with it.

Tonight I'm grateful the Lord provided some means to help my face be in a little less pain.

Today's Smile: I love the smiles temple workers have when people come in. I know those smiles--for I had them when I was a temple worker. They are sincere smiles, because it always so wonderful to see people come to the temple to serve. So I like it when I can bring those smiles to their faces, too. They are especially prevalent in Initiatory, and it was nice to see them smile.

Today's Something New: Today I learned (from the book I've been listening to) that Emma Smith's second husband brought two daughters into the marriage. One of them was named Zerelda. Not a name I had ever heard before. And then this evening I was reading up a bit on Jesse James. Turns out his mother was named Zerelda. What are the odds?! Learned that Jesse James actually got married. To his cousin. He even has living posterity! Interesting. Not that I like to follow outlaws' histories and such, but I realized for a famous outlaw I knew next to nothing about him.

2 comments:

Ramona Zabriskie said...

Oh sweetie! It's the middle of the night and I am going through a similar musing pattern! I've just discovered I have a chronic condition and have shed many tears over it, but in the past hour, I have made a list of all the ways I can see now that Father has prepared me to deal with it. My favorite Primary song is "I Feel My Savior's Love'...

ldsjaneite said...

Oh, Mona. I'm sorry to hear that. I do understand the sadness and difficulty from a chronic condition. But I also know the peace like you of counting blessings particular to the condition that help me. Every moment I feel my Savior's love! That is how He is my rock and salvation.