I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, August 5, 2011

A New Friend

Day 217

I love my co-workers. Especially my new one. She is absolutely amazing and I just love her!! I'm so excited that we get to work together. I love that we get along so well. I love that we have many things in common. And I love to just talk with her. I feel kind of bad for only one thing--when I'm scheduled at the desk with her, all I want to do is talk to her and get to know her more, and hear about her baby, and talk books and period dramas, and just chat the hour away. That's not so good when one is at work!

But I love and am grateful for the fast friendship in this wonderful person the Lord has helped me cross paths with.

Today's Smile: I pretty much took over running one of the two game booths our ward was in charge of at the huge YSA Summit tonight. It was the Rubber Ducky race. First, how perfect was that for me!! :-) While it was not the social experience I had been hoping for for weeks now, it turned out really well. Probably better for me in fact. On my own, I would have been my typical quiet self, struggling to try and pretend I had no social issues. In a small group of my very outgoing ward friends, I would have spoken a bit more, but probably would have backed into my quiet, observant self instead of the trying-to-be-more-outgoing me. But give me a responsibility, something left up to me, and I was able to bring forth the outgoing. I was able to smile and chat with everyone who came by. I enjoyed laughs and many squirts from water guns. But I also got to provide many smiles for everyone who came by and took part. And that made it all worth it. I love that the Lord always knows best.

Today's Something New: Some water guns do not fill up by just sticking them in water. I know! What nerve. But some people are geniuses and after much practice were able to teach me that these particular cheap-o water guns had to go in the water upside-down, at an angle, and shaken. Who'd have thought?

No comments: