I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Anything and Everything

Day 223

So, I've mentioned before how much I love visiting my librarian friend. We get together once a month. Cook/bake/make something edible and enjoy conversation. I have mentioned how much I've mentioned I love being able to talk to someone of my age in my work field who "gets it." But I also love that we can talk about all kinds of things. Tonight included a variety of subjects including politics, child discipline, and house buying.

I'm grateful for the Lord blessing me with friends with whom I never run out of something to converse about!

Today's Smile: My friend's parents were happy to see that I made an effort to find dairy free alternatives for my Fruit Pizza tonight so that their recently-discovered-allergic-to-dairy son could partake of the yummy treat.

Today's Something New: There are 3 (technically 4) books connected to The Good Earth. It took me months to read that book when I was however old. Many painful months. I am not a fan of that book. I couldn't believe that there were 2 sequels! (And a prequel.) I read synopses of the 2 sequels and knew I never wanted to bother reading them. It is no wonder to me that I did not like the original book. I got little out of it personally except a strong dislike for the main male character. However, I know many got something out of it--thus its ascension into "classic" status, so I won't completely berate the book(s).

No comments: