I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Choose to Be Great!

Day 218

What a day! It's been fabulous and amazing! Even the headache I've had for the last few hours cannot diminish how marvelous, amazing, and wonderful this day has been! Today was the Classes/Workshops portion of the YSA Summit (Choose to Be Great). I prayed to know which classes to attend that would be the most profitable for my learning. And were they ever! I'm sure the other classes were great, too, but the Keynote speaker and the subsequent 4 classes I attended were just what I needed. I am on a spiritual high, and like my friend and RS President said at lunch--"I am a spiritual junkie!!" Very true. I could never get enough!

I'm so grateful the Lord made it possible for me to attend the Summit today--I needed such spiritual uplift, comfort, and strength from the speakers and from the all of the young single adults around me.

Today's Smile: At lunch, there was a young man who joined us for a bit. We were talking about the spiritual highs and such. And I talked of how much I love being in huge groups of LDS members, where we all believe the same things and are trying to all be better people. He smiled, for he knew exactly what I meant. And that smile meant a lot to me--knowing I'm not alone in that wonderful feeling I love.

Today's Something New: I couldn't pick just one. There was so much from today's classes that I could take as new. New perspectives. New insights. New ideas. New...much! It was bliss!

No comments: