I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, August 8, 2011

I made it

Day 220

With the headache threatening to come back for its 3rd day (in spite of much rest and limited jostling of the head), I really wondered if I could make it through the work day.

With the Lord's help, I did, and I am grateful I did not need to take sick leave or leave co-workers short-handed.

Today's Smile: A teen chose a manga book for her summer reading prize. I made sure months ago when I was "choosing" books to have as prizes to include as much manga as I could. Particularly of the more popular ones. It was nice to see how excited she was to have a book she would love to own.

Today's Something New: I made another realization today. This time it was in relation to my reading history, particularly when I was a young adult compared to now. See, my sister-in-law and I have been discussing some recent YA lit stuff and other things in relation to what books are out there and how parents are/aren't involved and how different parents handle things. My realization showed me why some of my current opinions and views may not be the best in applying current books to current teens. Meaning, I never really read YA lit as a teen, since I jumped from BSC to L.M. Montgomery to "the classics" by 8th grade and that I read some great YA books now, only I am an adult who is reading them and my experiences and perspectives, etc will be very different from a teen's. It was, I believe, a very important realization to have in mind not just as a librarian but as an aunt of many avid readers and a one-day mother of children who will read books.

No comments: