I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Being Myself

Day 221

Today I'm grateful that the Lord gave me a job in which I can--among all of the many other wonderful opportunities--be my occasionally silly, attempts-at-witty self and have it appreciated and enjoyed.

Today's Smile: The couple I helped figure out the spacing on their resume. They were very grateful, especially considering the time they were spending trying to figure out "what went wrong."

Today's Something New: I read a nonfiction book about lizards this evening. (It was part of a reading challenge I've given myself.) I learned a lot more facts about various lizards than I knew before. Some facts were pretty neat. One was neat as well as hilarious to me, because the basilisk lizard can run across water. And the pictures of it... Well, I just couldn't help it. They immediately reminded me of my dear friend who is a runner. While I figured he'd think it was cool, I couldn't help seeing a little bit of him in the lizard! :-) But he'd be right--it is cool.

No comments: